Newport¬†unit gets a contemporary¬†warehouse fit out for Ballet Cymru
Ballet Cymru is a dynamic and unique professional ballet company producing and touring innovative and ground breaking creations.¬† They needed a new modern and up to date large dance studio for rehearsals and workshops and they chose a¬†large empty unit which¬†along with Msm’s expertise could be turned into a tailored space perfectly¬†created for their needs.
As the unit was a blank canvas we were able to turn their vision of the perfect dance studio into reality, ensuring every aspect suited the needs of the dancers and directors. The main brief was to establish a working environment that would meet the primary requirements of strong performance together with a contemporary appearance. The finished¬†warehouse fit out¬†provided a contemporary studio that reflected their modern and dynamic image.
Our expert team have¬†re designed the unit and turned it into a contemporary dance studio¬† providing functional and¬†professional¬†rehearsal areas for the dancers¬† as well as its¬†unique stylish design giving the wow factor.
Some of the main features of the¬†warehouse fit out¬†included:
- A large partitioned dance area in the centre of the unit was constructed using a metal stud frame.
- Suspended ceiling grids and tiles were supplied and installed by MSM
- Tenon partitioning was installed to separate the various areas of the studio
- Veneered double doors complete with door furniture and vision panels
- Lighting and electrics were supplied and installed
- Changing rooms were installed
- New specialised dance flooring was fitted in the studio areas
- New carpet tiled¬†flooring was supplied and installed in different colours to distinguish between separate areas of the studio
- A fire alarm system including smoke detectors was fitted
- An emergency lighting system was supplied and fitted
- Muraspec decoration completed the transformation